Friday, May 21, 2010

Annoying Facebook “Status Update”

This has been making it rounds on Facebook – I have seen it posted many times (as well as many other similar posts).

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the UnitedStates of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: One Nationunder GOD!, Indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all. REPOST IF YOU THINK OUR COUNTRY AND OUR FLAG DESERVE RESPECT! Let's see how manyAmericans will repost!”

Disregarding the fact that spell check was not used before posting this, I have other reasons that this post irritates me.

1. I love America, I love my flag, I love the people who serve to keep us safe. I choose to invoke the liberties granted to me as an American citizen and I choose NOT to repost. We, as American citizens have the right to a voice due to freedom of speech without fear of prosecution. Go America!

2. The original pledge reads “I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.” It was written by Francis Bellamy in 1892.

3. STOP STOP STOP trying to make me feel guilty about not reposting this crap. Just because I do not repost does not make me any less patriotic, love my family or friends less, uncaring for those less fortunate or unsympathetic to charities.

No comments:

Post a Comment