Friday, July 16, 2010

I just got back from picking up some water (yes, I am a water snob, the tap water here sucks!). It is rush hour and I live on a pretty busy street so making a left into my driveway can be difficult. After just about giving up and driving around the block (which means dealing with 3 stop lights just to be able to make a right turn into my driveway), a woman in a little bright blue car stopped for a second to let me in. As I turned I gave the obligatory “Thanks hand wave” I threw in a bunch of “Jazz hands” as well. When I noticed she was returning my “Jazz hand” salute – we both laughed. It’s amazing how a tiny bit of politeness; only taking about 5 seconds can not only put a smile on your face but make your day a bit brighter. I will be soon be heading out for the night, with a big smile and a lighter heart all because someone I didn’t know took a few seconds to make my life easier. So I say pay it forward, it only takes a second or two to wait to hold open a door for the person behind you, let someone into traffic when it is busy or just smile and say “Hi” when passing someone on the street.

1 comment: