Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cancer SUCKS!

Two years ago I attended a pre-screening of the movie “Elegy”. Not only was the movie disappointing but horribly depressing regarding breast cancer. I had no idea what the movie was about and brought a very good friend of mine as a guest. She was in the last stages of fighting breast cancer herself and after the movie she turned to me and said something like “Thanks for that uplifting movie, I really enjoyed it”. Thankfully she is a very good friend and the comment was completely sarcastic – She is now cancer free (YEAH!) and we can get a good laugh out of the situation. Dennis Hopper was there to speak after the film, I didn’t get a chance to meet him but at one point I was standing about two feet from him and he looked damned good! I hope he has the strength to kick cancers ass and continue to be the bad ass he always has been. Dennis Hopper – What can I say – the man is a legend. Best wishes to him and all other fighting this shitty disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment